3. Kenney MJ, Ganta CK. Autonomic nervous system and immune system interactions. Comprehensive Physiology 2014; 4: 1177-1200.
4. McAlexander MA, Gavett SH, Kollarik M, Undem BJ. Vagotomy reverses established allergen-induced airway hyperreactivity to methacholine in the mouse. Respiratory physiology & neurobiology 2015; 212-214: 20-24.
5. Hummel JP, Mayse ML, Dimmer S, Johnson PJ. Physiologic and histopathologic effects of targeted lung denervation in an animal model. Journal of applied physiology 2019; 126: 67-76.
6. Zhang G, Lin RL, Wiggers M, Snow DM, Lee LY. Altered expression of TRPV1 and sensitivity to capsaicin in pulmonary myelinated afferents following chronic airway inflammation in the rat. J Physiol 2008; 586: 5771-5786.
7. Wedzicha JA, Decramer M, Seemungal TA. The role of bronchodilator treatment in the prevention of exacerbations of COPD. The European respiratory journal : official journal of the European Society for Clinical Respiratory Physiology 2012; 40: 1545-1554.
8. Kistemaker LE, Gosens R. Acetylcholine beyond bronchoconstriction: roles in inflammation and remodeling. Trends in pharmacological sciences. 2015;36(3):164-171.